Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Finding somewhere to live

Information and advice on buying your own home, renting privately, joining the housing register and what to do if you find yourself homeless.

  • Private renting

    You should consider renting privately before joining Runnymede's housing register as this is a much quicker way to find a new home. We may be able to help you with your deposit or rent if you are struggling with the costs of renting. Find out more on the RBC Living and Homes site.

  • Join the housing register

    Check our allocations policy to see if you are eligible and qualify to join Runnymede's housing register. If so, you can register online at RBC Living and Homes. You should also consider private renting and shared ownership as there is a high demand for social housing in Runnymede.

  • Own your home

    If you'd like to buy your own home but can't afford to, one of the Government's schemes, such as Shared Ownership, might help you.

  • Homeless people

    For Council contact details if you are homeless and for details of hostels and night shelters on the RBC Living and Homes site.

  • Housing for older people

    Our Extra Care Housing scheme allows you to live independently but with 24 hour support if you need it. The RBC Living and Homes site explains more about this and how to apply for Independent Retirement Living.

  • Student accommodation

    The Runnymede accreditation scheme helps students of Royal Holloway University find good quality, privately rented accommodation.

  • Council tenants who want to move

    If you're a council tenant and want to move home you could either apply to transfer to an empty council property or agree to swap homes with another council tenant - that's called mutual exchange.

  • Help with your rent deposit

    Runnymede Rentstart can help if you are homeless and need support to rent privately. They may be able to provide a deposit bond to a landlord to secure accommodation for you. Runnymede Rentstart is operated by Runnymede Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).

Rate the quality of this content from 1 star (poor) to 5 (excellent)

Rate this page:

rate this item 1 starrate this item 2 starsrate this item 3 starsrate this item 4 starsrate this item 5 starsCurrent ratings

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.