Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Planning advice

Find out if you need planning permission, how to get advice from one of our Planning Officers, information on dropped kerbs, and answers to the most frequently asked questions.

  • Pre-application advice

    Whether you are applying for planning permission for changes to your home or you are working on a major development, our pre-application advice service is here to help.

  • Vehicle crossovers (dropped kerbs)

    If you would like to lower the kerb outside your property, you might need to apply for planning permission. Roads classified as A, B or C will need planning permission. Roads classified as D do not normally require planning permission. Please contact Surrey County Council Highways for the classification of your Road.

  • Planning applications: Frequently Asked Questions

    Frequently asked questions about Planning applications

  • Do I need planning permission?

    If you want to build an extension to your property or do other work to your home you may need to apply for planning permission. Some minor alterations and extensions, particularly to houses, can often be carried out without the need for planning permission. This is known as permitted development.

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.