Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Other licences

Information on other types of licence such as food businesses, gambling, street trading, sex establishments and animal licences.

  • Register a food business

    By law you must register your food business at least 28 days before you start operating, or less than 28 days after you make a significant change. If a new company starts operating at an existing food premises in our area you must also register.

  • Charity collections

    If you collect money for charity from house to house or street collections you will usually need to have either a house to house collections licence or a street collections permit.

  • Sex establishments

    Sex establishments and sex entertainment venues are licensed by the Council.

  • Caravan and mobile home licensing

    Runnymede has 36 licensed residential sites for caravan and mobile home owners, and one licensed holiday site which is not currently operational. These sites are licensed under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (as amended).

  • Animal licensing

    Animal boarding, dog breeding, horse riding establishment, pet shop and zoo licences.

  • Acupuncture, tattoo and skin piercing registration

    If you're thinking of getting a tattoo, check our list of registered tattooists. Businesses can also apply for tattoo, acupuncture and skin piercing registrations.

  • Street Trading

    Street trading is the selling, or offering for sale, of any article from a mobile van or stall from a fixed location in a street.

  • Scrap metal site and collectors' licences

    The Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013 came fully into force on 1 December 2013. The new legislation requires that anyone collecting or selling scrap in the borough has a Scrap Metal Dealer Licence issued by us. This page provides information on the Act, including an application form for a licence.

  • Gambling

    The Gambling Act 2005 introduced procedures which significantly affect the administration of gambling in this country.

  • Filming in Runnymede

    If you are looking to film within the Borough of Runnymede you will need to make sure that you have the right permission depending on where you would like to film.

  • Leaflets

    You do not normally need a licence to hand out leaflets promoting a business, providing you are not soliciting people's financial details or pledges for some kind of financial transaction in connection with a charitable appeal.

  • Busking

    The Council welcomes activities such as busking that enhance the street scene and provide good quality entertainment to the public.

Rate the quality of this content from 1 star (poor) to 5 (excellent)

Rate this page:

rate this item 1 starrate this item 2 starsrate this item 3 starsrate this item 4 starsrate this item 5 starsCurrent ratings

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.