Student accommodation

If three or more students share a house this is known as a house in multiple occupation (HMO). From 1 October 2018 the landlord must apply for a licence if five or more students are sharing a house.

You can check the Icon for pdf HMO licence register [282.4KB] to see if a HMO licence has been granted by us.

What else should I consider?