Help with housing costs

If you're struggling to make ends meet, find out about benefits and grants that can help.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit replaces six existing benefits with a single monthly payment and is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions.

Housing Benefit helps people on low incomes to pay their rent. You can claim if you rent your main home from us, a housing association or a private landlord.
We can give people on low incomes help to pay their Council Tax. This is known as Council Tax Support (previously Council Tax Benefit).