The amount of Council Tax you pay depends on your property's band.
You can find out what band your property is on the Valuation Office Agency website.
2018/19 annual Council Tax charges by band
Where your payments go
Your Council Tax payments for 2018/19 are shared between:
• us, your local council - we receive 8.83%
• Surrey County Council (including Surrey Fire and Rescue) - which receives 78.08%
• Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey (Surrey Police) - which receives 13.09%
Your payments to us go towards local services including:
• collecting household waste and recycling
• street cleaning
• day centres for the elderly
• community transport and meals
• CCTV and other measures to keep our borough safe
• planning and building control.
Your payments to Surrey County Council go towards:
• children's and adults' social care (2018/19 includes an additional 3% for adult social care)
• fire and rescue
• Trading Standards
• public transport
• roads maintenance.
Surrey County Council's website section on Council Tax has more detail about it's section of the Council Tax bill. Your payments to the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey (Surrey Police) cover policing services across the county. The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey (Surrey Police) website section on Council Tax has more information.