Planning applications: Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions about Planning applications

If you are unable to find the answer to your query please contact us. Please note that certain enquiries will require a fee.

You can download the relevant planning application from the Planning Portal
Runnymede Borough Council is the Local Planning Authority (LPA). The planning committee makes decisions on planning policy and most major planning applications.
Surrey County Council is the responsible for waste and minerals policy and implementation and highway works including vehicle crossovers (dropped kerbs)
There is an appeal process and details on how to appeal are included with the Decision Notice.
Planning permission, in simple terms, is like asking if you can do a certain piece of building work. It will be granted (subject to certain conditions) or refused.
Planning Aid is a voluntary service offering free, independent and professional advice on town planning matters to community groups and individuals who cannot afford to employ a planning consultant.
Local residents and businesses close to the application site are notified in writing about a planning application.