Whether you are applying for planning permission for changes to your home or you are working on a major development, our pre-application advice service is here to help.
During this period with exceptional circumstances timescales for a response may be longer than those quoted within the charging schedule.
We can help you determine:
- the main planning constraints
- the most relevant planning policies
- key planning issues
- the likelihood of your proposal being accepted
- suggested improvements to your proposal.
To request pre-application advice, you will need to submit thealong with informal scaled plans. Please provide as much information as possible, including:
- a description of the proposal
- a location plan with the site boundaries clearly shown
- a block plan showing the proposed layout of the site with the proposed development including access and parking areas and the location of any trees
- floor plans and elevations of the proposed development.
Our advice service cannot guarantee that you will be granted planning permission. Depending on the planning constraints for your site you may also need to consult other organisations such as the Highway Authority (Surrey County Council) or the Environment Agency for advice. These organisations may also charge for providing advice and information.