View and object or support an application
You can comment on current planning applications. You can also use the planning application search or Runnymede's interactive mapping service to look at current and historical planning applications.
Search for planning applications by address, planning application number or date to:
- find current and historical planning applications
- view decision notices for determined applications (for applications determined after 1997)
- view appeals and associated documentation
- comment on current applications.
Comment on a current application
Our planning system is currently being upgraded to enable use to be more efficient in dealing with planning and building control applications. You will therefore not be able to access our Planning Explorer Portal during this time. The system will be back up and running again on Wednesday 23 June.
After this, you can comment via our planning search or via Runnymede's interactive Map. You can also send a letter or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to show your support or oppose a planning application.
At this current time we strongly recommend that you use electronic means when sending comments about applications so that all comments can be taken into account
- All letters of representation will be published on the Council's website (under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985) and personal details will be redacted (under The Data Protection Act 2018). If you do not provide your address, then it will not be published and will not be referred to in the Officer's report, but will be read by the Case Officer. We reserve the right to redact any personal comments made.
We can only base our decision on planning policy and planning matters so your comments should relate to:
- the character of the area
- local amenities, including the amenities of neighbours
- the environment and countryside
- traffic and parking.
Comments regarding the effect on property values and private legal matters (eg. fences/boundaries, right to light) or matters covered by other Legislation (eg. building regulations or restrictive covenants) will not be considered.
Plans, drawings and materials submitted to the Council are protected by the copyright acts (section 47, 1988). You may only use material which is downloaded and or printed for consultation purposes; to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed together with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Sign up to our new service that allows you to receive weekly email notifications about new planning applications registered within a specified area of a chosen property. Please complete this form to sign up.