Building control - useful additional information

There are a number of other websites you can visit that provide further information on different aspects of the Building Control process

The Association of Building Engineers (ABE) is the professional body for those specialising in the technology of building.
The British Geological Survey (BGS) is the world's oldest national geological survey and the United Kingdom's premier centre for earth science information and expertise. They are also able to offer advice on radon protection measures in new and extended buildings.
The Building Research Establishment (BRE) Group is a world leading research, consultancy, training, testing and certification organisation delivering sustainability and innovation across the built environment and beyond.
Competent Person Schemes (CPS) were introduced by the UK Government to allow individuals and enterprises to self-certify that their work complies with the Building Regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector.
This section of the Department for Communities and Local Government's website offers information on planning and building regulations
Completely free Self build and DIY help from qualified tradesmen through an interactive question and answer service plus tips, tricks and projects
The Local Authority Building Control (LABC) is a membership organisation representing all local authority building control departments in England and Wales, dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in building design and construction.
NICEIC is the UK's leading voluntary regulatory body for the electrical contracting industry. It has been assessing the electrical competence of electricians for over fifty years and currently maintains a roll of over 26,000 registered contractors.
The central government Planning Portal website's approved documents relating to building regulations
The British Board of Agrément (BBA) is the UK's major authority offering approval and inspection services to manufacturers and installers supplying the construction industry
The Centre for Accessible Environments (CAE) is the UK's leading authority on inclusive design, aiming to help secure a built environment that is usable by everyone, including disabled and older people.
The Federation of Master Builders (FMB) is the UK's largest trade association in the building industry, established to protect the interests of small and medium-sized building firms.
The Fire Protection Association is the UK's national fire safety organisation, offering guidance on a wide range of fire safety issues.
The Royal Institute of British Architects is the UK body for architecture and the architectural profession.
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is the leading source of land, property, construction and related environmental knowledge.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon