The Local Land Charges Section carries out local searches on property or land. Requests are usually made by a Solicitor who would explain the results to you.
Two sets of forms make up the search - LLC1 and CON29. The LLC1 deals with information from the Local Land Charges Register. The Register contains important information about the property which might affect what you can do with it currently or in the future. It includes significant information such as:
- Financial charges (registered against the property by the Local Authority or County Council)
- Planning Agreements
- Tree Preservation Orders
- Enforcement Notices
- Conditional planning consents
- Improvement grants
- Buildings of special architectural and historic interest.
The CON29 deals with supplementary information held by the Local Authority. The information is very comprehensive and provides essential answers about the property, such as:
- is there going to be a major highway running through the property?
- is the road in front of the property maintained at public expense or will you have to maintain it?
- is there a contravention in relation to a building regulation affecting the property?
All searches come with the statutory protection under the Land Charges legislation and are undertaken by a dedicated and fully experienced team who offer an efficient, friendly and reliable service.
If your enquiry relates to the ownership of land you should contact the Land Registry