Submitting a local authority search

Details of how you can submit a Local Authority Search.

Please use our On-Line Search Application service by clicking on this link: Local Land Charges Search - apply and pay

This service will allow you to specify your search requirements, attach a plan and make payment via Debit/Credit Card. It would be appreciated if you could use this method for all your future search requests.

Alternatively, you can apply for a search electronically via NLIS (see the link below) or post/DX (please note, ALL postal/DX applications will be returned via email if an email address is given).

When applying for a search, please ensure the following are provided:

  • LLC1 Official requisition of search
  • CON29R Enquiries of the local authority
  • CON29O Optional enquiries of the local authority
  • Two copies of a site plan with the property clearly edged in red.  A Land Registry plan is preferred.
  • The relevant search fee.  Please see our fees and charges  for details.

Please note:

  • The Council prefers payment by credit or debit card.  It does not accept personal cheques.  Other payment methods are available so please telephone us for details.
  • For e-mailed requests, we do not necessarily require completed forms but a coloured site plan is essential.

You can also submit a full electronic search using the National Land Information Service (NLIS).  NLIS is a joint initiative between central and local government to provide an online service that will deliver publicly available land and property related information.

For pricing information, please contact one of the following:

Highways Enquiries

We are no longer the agent for the Highway Authority.  Highways related questions on the search forms are answered by Surrey County Council's Highway Information Team. There is an additional fee for each search and this fee is included in our overall search cost.  The County Council will only answer additional enquiries (i.e. those not printed on the CON forms) if these are submitted direct to them.  Please contact them direct for pricing details by visiting the Surrey County Council  website.

Drainage Enquiries

Thames Water Utilities have responsibility for drainage enquiries.  Please contact them direct for details.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon