Details of how you can submit a Local Authority Search.
Please use our On-Line Search Application service by clicking on this link: Local Land Charges Search - apply and pay
This service will allow you to specify your search requirements, attach a plan and make payment via Debit/Credit Card (please note, the Land Charges team can no longer take card payments over the phone). It would be appreciated if you could use this method for all your future search requests.
Alternatively, you can apply for a search electronically via National Land Information Service (see information below) or post/DX (please note, ALL postal/DX applications will be returned via email if an email address is given).
If applying for a search by Post or DX, please ensure the following are provided:
- LLC1 Official requisition of search
- CON29 Enquiries of the local authority
- CON29O Optional enquiries of the local authority (if applicable)
- Two copies of a site plan with the property clearly edged in red. A Land Registry plan is preferred.
- The relevant search fee (if paying by cheque please make payable to 'Runnymede Borough Council'). Please see our fees and charges for details.
- An E mail address
- The Council does not accept personal cheques.
National Land Information Service (NLIS)
- NLIS is a government initiative which carries the sole mandate of providing electronic official land and property information held by all Local Authorities in England and Wales, as well as other official sources of data, including HMLR, the Coal Authority and water companies.
- The NLIS Hub acts as a gateway for conveyancers to access land and property information through one of the NLIS Licensed Channels listed below. The NLIS Hub is regulated by Land Data.
- For further information on how to order NLIS searches visit the website: National Land Information Service (NLIS)
- Search Flow
- Thames Water
- Big Property Data
- Index Property Information
We are no longer the agent for the Highway Authority. Highways related questions on the search forms are answered by Surrey County Council's Highway Information Team. There is an additional fee for each search and this fee is included in our overall search cost. The County Council will only answer additional enquiries (i.e. those not printed on the CON forms) if these are submitted direct to them. Please contact them direct for pricing details by visiting the Surrey County Council website.
Thames Water Utilities have responsibility for drainage enquiries. Please contact them direct for details.