Animal Welfare

Stray dogs and animal licensing.

You can contact our dog collection service if you have found a stray dog, or if you have lost a dog.
You'll need a zoo licence to display wild animals to the public for at least seven days a year, in any place that's not a circus or pet shop.
As of the 23 January 2017 a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) in relation to dog control has taken effect across the Runnymede area and replaced a number of out of date by-laws to create a more comprehensive and consistent approach when dealing with issues such as dog fouling, keeping dogs on leads and excluding dogs from specified areas.
Getting a puppy or dog is a big decision. It is advisable to think carefully and to carry out some research prior to purchasing a puppy. Once you have decided that a puppy is right for you, then we would offer the following advice which has been collated from various sources such as the Dogs Trust and RSPCA.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon