Pet shop licence

To run a business selling pet animals online or in a shop you will need a licence. Pet animals includes any vertebrate animals - fish, amphibian, reptile, bird or mammal.

Animal Welfare Licensing has changed

As of 1 October 2018 'Animal Activities Licensing' replaced pet shop licenses. Selling animals as pets (or with a view to them being sold later as pets) will require a licence.

Our Animal Activities Licensing page includes further details (including guidance notes, conditions and details of fees and when we will be accepting applications).


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon