Runnymede offers a variety of different grant programmes for individuals and clubs. We can also offer advice on different funding options and how to apply for the most suitable funding.
Funding for organisations
We can offer grants to assist local voluntary and community groups or clubs who deliver sports activities. This could include a sports event or festival, sports equipment, or initial start up costs.
Funding for athletes and coaches
Runnymede Borough Council can offer grants to assist individuals who participate or coach in sport. The grant could go towards training & competition costs, equipment, coaching courses or transport.
Note to organisations and individual applicants: prior to completing an application form, please contact Carol Holehouse on 01932 425628 to find out about current funding availability.
Surrey Personal Development Fund
The Surrey Personal Development Fund invites coaches and other activity leaders to apply for up to £250 towards training and/or qualifications. Funding is available for people who can demonstrate that they will be helping to increase participation in their local area. Applicants much show how they are increasing participation, targeting inactive people or supporting under-represented groups.
In order to be eligible to apply, applicants must meet some of the following criteria:
- Delivering to participants within Surrey
- Working with your Local Authority Officer or key local partners or have a willingness to work with them
- Club/community coaches
- Deliverers of community sport/physical activities
- Increasing participation in sport and physical activity
- Delivering to inactive people
- Targeting underrepresented groups in society
- Delivering in workplaces
- Delivering to people aged 50+
What can the funding be used for?
- Training courses and qualifications to help deliver sessions
- Level 1, level 2, level 3 or equivalent coaching courses. Please note that the course must not have been started/completed before applying for the funding
- Continuous Professional Development workshops for sport and physical activity delivery
Information that you will need to make an application:
- Which local authority area you live in/deliver in
- What training course/qualification you are applying for
- How gaining this qualification/training will help you to increase participation
- Who are you targeting? People aged 50+, young people from deprived parts of the county, women and girls, disabled people
To find out more and apply visit Surrey Personal Development Bursary.
Free Access for County Sportspeople (FACS)
The Runnymede FACS scheme enables eligible sports people living in the borough to train, free of charge, at a variety of venues during off-peak hours. To find out more and apply visit Free Access for County Sportspeople (FACS).
Active Surrey's Elite Scheme
Elite is Active Surrey's talented athlete support scheme that proudly assists local young athletes prepare for future Olympic & Paralympic Games, as well as other international sporting events.
The scheme is for national level athletes aged 14-25 and for an annual fee gives the support that athletes need to reach their full potential and develop to world class level.
The Elite membership is £80 for 12 months membership and runs from 1 October 2017 until 30 September 2018. As a part of the Elite scheme you will receive benefits worth £1800 for just under £7 per month.
Benefits of Active Surrey's Elite scheme include:
- Access to your choice of three leisure centres from 20 available across Surrey
- Performance Support from Surrey Sports Park - this includes access to six workshops run by Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Nutritionists, Physiotherapists and more
- An athlete review at the end of the membership year
- Access to selected sport therapist services including physiotherapy, psychology and nutritional advice at a reduced rate
- Opportunities to raise your profile through events and develop your PR skills
- Help with funding: 1-2-1 advice on where you can apply
For full details of the Elite scheme and to apply, please visit Active Surrey's Elite Funding page. Please note applications can only be made during the application window.
Active Surrey Workshops
There are a limited number of free places available for Active Surrey workshops held at the Runnymede Civic Centre for Runnymede clubs. Priority will be given to clubs or coaches working with the council. The workshops available are:
- UK Coaching Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- First Aid in Sport
For details of the workshops held at the Runnymede Civic Centre visit Active Surrey Workshops.
To find out if you may be eligible for a free place email email@example.com
Voluntary Support North Surrey
Voluntary Support North Surrey (VSNS) offer advice on different funding options, from local sources of funding in Runnymede, to Surrey wide and national schemes. Please visit the Voluntary Support North Surrey website for more details or call 01932 571122.
Active Surrey offer a range of different funding options, as well as assistance and advise on applying for other grants and funding pots. For more information, please visit Active Surrey - Funding or contact a member of the team on 01483 518944.
Surrey County Playing Fields Association
Surrey County Playing Fields Association has some funding available for individuals and clubs to apply for. More details can be found on the Surrey Playing Fields website.
Sport England offer a huge amount of funding to sports clubs and organisations looking to develop sport and physical activity. This funding ranges from small grants of under £500 to major capital project grants of £100,000. For more information, please go to Sport England Funding.
National Governing Bodies (NGBs)
National Governing Bodies (NGBs) offer funding and support to any player, coach or club of their sport. the vast majority of sports have an NGB which can be found be searching the name of the sport, followed by "NGB". If you cannot find what you are looking for, or want to know further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.