Charity Collection Exemptions
The following charities or their third party fundraisers have advised us that they collect in our borough. They do not need a licence because they hold a National Exemption Order issued by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport for collections either carried out by themselves or on their behalf by a commercial fundraising company. This list covers House to House Collections of cash, direct debits and clothing collections as indicated. The full list of exempted charities is available on this page via the link. Charities should not be collecting during the current lockdown as instructed by the Fundraising Regulator.
- Clothes Aid (Action for Children, Children's Air Ambulance, Make a Wish Foundation, NSPCC)
- ADRA UK (cash collections)
- Against Breast Cancer (Recycling Clothes Company Limited*).
- Age UK (cash and clothing collections)
- Air Ambulance Service (RAMs Collections Limited)
- Barnardo's (cash and direct debit collections Capll Ltd))
- Christian Aid (cash collections)
- National Kidney Federation (Recycle Proline)
- Royal Air Forces Association (cash collections)
- Royal British Legion (cash collections)
- Save the Children (cash collections)
- Scope (cash collections)
- Shelter (cash collections and direct debit collections)
- The Fire Fighters Charity (Your Donation)
- The RSPCA (Appco Uk - direct debit collections)
- The Salvation Army
- Tree of Hope (SOS Clothes Ltd)
- Troop Aid
- * A complaint made by a member of the public to the Fundraising Regulator was investigated by them and subsequently externally reviewed at the chartiy's request. You can read the summary report here.
The following charities make appeals for donations to their charity shops but most do not carry out clothing collections (Age Uk does but it has a National Exemption Order), so they do not need a licence:
The following charities have charity shops taking donations in Runnymede (we believe this list to be correct as at April 2021 although in the current Covid 19 pandemic they are only operating on a limited basis and are currently closed):
- Addlestone - Age Uk, Oxfam, Princess Alice Hospice, Queen Elizabeth Foundation, Salvation Army
- Chertsey - Barnardo's, Children's Trust
- Egham - Age Uk, British Heart Foundation, Blue Cross, Oxfam, Princess Alice Hospice, Sam Beare Hospice, Sue Ryder
- Virginia Water - Age UK, Sam Beare Hospice.
Runnymede Borough Council also collects textiles from households. These should be placed in a clear plastic bag by your bin on collection day. Details can be found on our textiles recycling page.