If you are unemployed or on a low income you may be able to claim benefits. Housing Benefit can help towards your rent. Council Tax Support can help you pay your Council Tax bill. With the introduction of Universal Credit, Housing Benefit is no longer available to all residents, depending on your circumstances you might need to claim Universal Credit instead.

Universal Credit replaces six existing benefits with a single monthly payment and is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions. Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people out of work or on a low income.
Our current Council Tax Support scheme, as well as previous year's schemes.
If you think that your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support decision is wrong then you can ask us to look at it again and review it.