You can contact the Surrey Reuse Network to collect bulky household items suitable for reuse.
The Surrey Reuse Network formed of a number of furniture reuse organisations that serve all the districts and boroughs within the county. For Runnymede residents the service is provided by Kingston Community Furniture.
Examples of items that can be collected
- Large household electricals e.g. washing machines, fridges, cookers
- Wooden furniture e.g. tables, wardrobes, desks
- Upholstered furniture e.g. sofas, chairs
- Beds and mattresses
Items that cannot be collected
As this service is focused on reuse, the following cannot be collected
- Gardening waste
- Building rubble
- Hazardous waste
- Fixtures and fittings e.g. kitchen cabinets, windows, baths
- Pianos (advice can be given on local specialists)
Please be aware that there is a charge for collection which guarantees clearance regardless of the condition of the items. Current charges can be found here along with the contact email and telephone number.
If you are interested in volunteering or seeking a Work Placement with Surrey Reuse Network, more information can be found here.