Skip Navigation
Smallest fontMedium fontLargest font
Search site

Are you a council tenant?

Find information on your tenancy agreement, paying your rent, reporting repairs, moving house and buying your council home.

  • Paying your rent

    The easiest way to pay your rent is to set up a direct debit, or you can make payments online with a credit or debit card.

  • Repairs

    Did you know you can report a repair online? Find out which repairs are free of charge and when you can expect the problem to be fixed.

  • Want to move?

    If you want to move home you could either apply to transfer to an empty council property or agree to swap homes with another council tenant - that's called mutual exchange.

  • Buy your council home

    If you are a council tenant you may be able to buy your home from us at a discounted price under the Right to Buy scheme.

  • Garages for rent

    For both tenants and non-tenants the usual charge to rent a garage is £12 per week.

  • Understanding your tenancy agreement

    Find out about your responsibilities, the different types of tenancy, if you are able to change the names on your tenancy agreement, what to do when you want to end your tenancy and if you can sub-let your home.

  • Local residents' groups

    Local residents' groups in Runnymede work to improve their local areas and bring communities together.

Rate the quality of this content from 1 star (poor) to 5 (excellent)

Rate this page:

rate this item 1 starrate this item 2 starsrate this item 3 starsrate this item 4 starsrate this item 5 starsCurrent ratings

A to Z of services

We use cookies to help us improve the user experience. By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about cookies.