Textiles and small electricals collection
We can take away your small, broken or unwanted electrical items and textiles each week. This also includes household batteries which should be bagged separately.
Please bag textiles separately from electrical items and place next to your food waste caddy on collection day by 6am.
Recycle little and often
It's easy as 1,2 ,3...
- put items in a standard sized carrier bag (as there is limited space on the collection vehicle)
- tie the top (this is particularly important to keep textile dry if it rains)
- leave out on collection day
Please do not use charity collection bags
Examples of textiles we can collect:
- paired shoes
- bed linen (pillowcases, sheets, duvet covers)
- wellington boots
Please make sure that all items are clean and dry
We cannot accept wet textiles, single shoes, duvets, pillows, rugs or carpets.
Examples of small electrical items we can collect include:
- kettles and toasters
- hair dryers, straighteners and clippers
- clocks, watches, alarms clocks and cameras
- games consoles
- small battery powered toys
- smoke detectors
- power tools
- DVD players and remote controls
- radios, stereos, MP3 players
- telephones and mobile phone
Please make sure that you do not leave out any light bulbs out for collection.
We cannot accept items that are too big to fit in a standard size carrier bag. These can be taken to your local Community Recycling Centre. Items suitable for reuse, such as washing machines or freezers can be collected by the Surrey Reuse Network. Please be aware there is a charge for this service.